My undiagnosed child

My undiagnosed child
A mother's struggle

Wednesday 17 May 2017

A refusal day

Yesterday we had a "no meds day"
His choice btw 😩
So we had the usual, up at the crack of dawn talking about random stuff. The next up gets his sister (2yr old running wild since way before the rest)
So she comes downstairs to a charade of abuse because she was tapping the wall on her way down 😩
Anyway that was just the usual..
The shouting started because deciding what to have for breakfast seemed to be too much hard work 😥

All this while I'm just concentrating on breathing!!

It's hard bloody work being a parent of a child with an undiagnosed condition!
I don't know if telling him off is really the right thing to do anymore!
If we have a child with PDA then we really have to be careful with our tone of voice as well as the words we choose, all the while being aware of what the outcome may be either way!

There are days where he can't even tie his shoe laces, his mind is doing 300mph between subjects that the thought process becomes non existent.

People actually just don't understand.
I wouldn't even say it's ignorance, I just think it is such a highly complex disorder it can be confused simply with behaviour issues

I worry so much about what the future holds for our son.

I lay with him til 1am the other night.
Just trying to understand him more😢
He just kept trying not to cry..

I wanted to burst into tears but I couldnt.
He can't cope with crying

His little friend had tackled him at football and stood on his new football boots 😫🙈

Honestly you would think his world had ended..
He doesn't understand that in life there will be so many bigger problems he will have to overcome
The world is black or white for my amazing but sad little boy.

I don't know where to turn but here.
The power of social media is phenomenal
If I can reach the right people I can get the right support for my son!
It may be a long shot but my instinct is never to give up.
I can't go shouting around a hospital or school.. It just doesn't cut it.
To be taken seriously I need to show patterns in his behaviour. PDA kids can mask so much around people they don't know so well
At home is when most of the aggressive behaviour shows.

It's late.
I hope to add some links in future to this blog but tonight I'm done 👍
Thanks for reading

No comments:

Post a Comment